Slider

Everything DOES have a price tag!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Have you ever heard that saying? Well, it's true. Apparently it is especially true when you are a desperate foreigner dying for "Just add water" pancake mix or a box of Cheerios! I have been hearing about a specialty food store in Prague that is a deli but also carries certain hard-to-find items. After hearing about it twice in one week, I decided to make the trek to find out what all the buzz is about. Apparently, "Culinaria" is the first (and maybe only) place to find Ben & Jerry's ice cream in Prague. I was on the hunt for some Bran Flakes so I could make Lydia some healthy breakfast muffins. WELL..... they had Bran Flakes all right. $7.50 for ONE box! Cheerios? $15!!! Yes. Also for ONE box! The Ben & Jerry's ice cream -- 1 pint for $10. Talk about a major guilt complex every time you take a bite of Chocolate Fudge Brownie (as if there wasn't enough guilt already). I left feeling as though my "Pam" find last week was a bargain, since it was $2 more at Culinaria. I didn't make any purchases... chalk it up as a fact-finding mission. Give me another year and I just may be deperate enough to fork over as many Czech Koruns as they ask for...

I found myself wondering what kind of a pansy am I? I will bet that there are millions of people who have never even HEARD of Bisquick, yet I would consider putting down the equivalent of 1 month of their salary for a box. Wow, am I spoiled.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That is crazy prices! I say we all start sending Ann-marie Bisquick and Cheerios! (Maybe Bran Flakes for Miss Lydia too!)

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Content © Ann-marie Verbrugge